Transformations – Unit 1: Pt 16 Bushy Park Sun & Shade

With my recent frustrations with the Interval Timer Setting on the camera, I was relieved there was a solution.

During the last classroom session, Zig realised that the camera couldn’t cope with shooting RAW at one second intervals. The first thing was to change the setting so the camera would take a Fine quality JPG. Also, Zig took the majority of the other settings off the camera. This should mean I could get the multiple sequence captures required for a longer piece.

As it was Half Term this week, I had a free day. When I woke to glorious sunshine (correctly predicted on the BBC Weather website – phew!). I knew I had to get to the park to take some shots. I wasn’t disappointed.

To test the timer intervals, I decided to take six sequences of 100 shots starting at one second intervals then increasing each one by a second. I also set the camera to F14, ISO 100 knowing I would have a longer exposure to capture the movement of the water better.

Here are the results. If there is less than 100 shots, it’s because I’ve deleted them.

One Second x 90

Cropped 16:9 & adjusted in Camera RAW

Two Seconds x 100

No adjustments to size & settings

Three Seconds x 100

No adjustments to size & settings

Four Seconds x 100

No adjustments to size & settings

Five Seconds x 100

No adjustments to size & settings

 Six Seconds x 100

Cropped 16:9 & adjusted in Camera RAW